If your living area feels a bit cramped, it doesn’t necessarily mean you require more square footage. There are subtle design and decor choices that can create the illusion of more spacious rooms, and you don’t need to spend a fortune to achieve this effect.
Are you thinking about giving your space a makeover or preparing your house for sale? Here are five ways to enhance the sense of space in any room in your home:
- Utilize lighting strategically: One of the simplest ways to make a room appear larger is by incorporating more light. If the room has windows, maximize natural light by opening blinds and curtains. If there are no windows, you can brighten the space with artificial lighting such as lamps or chandeliers.
- Install wall mirrors: Mirrors have the ability to reflect light and create the illusion of greater depth in a room. Large statement mirrors are particularly effective, but even a couple of smaller mirrors as part of a gallery wall can help.
- Embrace innovative storage solutions: Overloading a space with excessive furniture can make it feel smaller and more crowded. To combat this, consider incorporating built-in shelves, optimizing vertical storage, and investing in furniture pieces with concealed storage compartments.
- Carefully select window treatments: Heavy, dense fabrics can diminish the sense of space and make a room feel more confined. Instead, opt for light-colored, airy, and sheer drapes and curtains that allow more natural light to filter in.
- Choose a light color palette: Dark colors, much like heavy fabrics, tend to visually reduce the size of a space. To create a more expansive feeling, focus on lighter color schemes, including whites, pastels, yellows, and similar tones.
If you’re ready to embark on the search for a space that fulfills all your requirements, don’t hesitate to reach out to us today.