Decorating a room to look luxurious can be challenging when you have a limited budget. However, there are some tricks to make any space look and feel more upscale without breaking the bank. Interior designers recommend the following six tips:
- Adding window treatments is an excellent way to make a room look expensive. Curtains or drapes can give your space a more polished look, and they can make your ceilings appear taller, creating a more spacious feel. Velvet panels are a great choice for a warm and luxurious look, and you don’t necessarily need custom-made drapes to achieve a similar effect. There are plenty of ready-made options that can make your room look and feel more upscale.
- Incorporating opulent textures can add sophistication and luxury to any room. You can use velvet pillows, cashmere throw blankets, or hair-on-hide rugs to create a rich and textured environment. These items can make your room feel more lavish, and they’re an affordable way to upgrade your decor.
- Clutter can make a space appear smaller and less inviting. To make your room look expensive, you should declutter your space and display fewer but more meaningful items. This can give your space a more sophisticated look and make it feel more open and airy.
- An oversized vase with an eye-catching floral arrangement or faux greenery can add splendor to any room. This statement piece can make a bold statement in your space, creating a focal point that draws the eye. If fresh flowers aren’t in your budget, you can use faux greenery or foraged branches from your backyard to achieve a similar effect.
- Lighting fixtures can be used as striking art pieces, creating a luxurious feeling in any room. You can use decorative sconces to make a huge impact on an empty wall, or you can choose sculptural lamps that double as art pieces. There are plenty of budget-friendly options available that can help you achieve an expensive look without breaking the bank.
- Rugs can add color, pattern, and warmth to any room. They can also make a space look more put together and intentional. Whether you’re adding a rug to your living room, bedroom, or hallway, it can make your space look more expensive and sophisticated. Even if the rug was a steal, it can still create a high-end look in your room.